Intensive Care for Couples
There aren't many things more disturbing...even terrifying...than realizing the intimate relationship you thought you had is in serious jeopardy. Many of us build our lives on the foundation of a strong and vibrant marriage. We expect it to be the launching pad for a meaningful career, children and even retirement. When that foundation is rocked by the discovery of an affair, a life threatening illness, the loss of a job or some other dramatic event we can be left with little more than panic and confusion. At a time when clear thinking and emotional control are most needed, they are least accessible.
What happens in intensive care...
My partner, Nicolee Hiltz, PhD, and I are offering an Emergency Room/Intensive Care experience for couples in crisis. Here is what the service provides:
- A morning and an afternoon (a total of 4 hours) of intensive support from Dr. Hiltz and myself that is based on more than 45 years of combined experience working with couples and individuals confronted by major life transitions.
- A positive, change promoting atmosphere that moves away from fear and confusion toward the desired changes.
- The opportunity to learn new and valuable skills that support necessary life changes.
- The opportunity to learn to know each other in deeper and more productive ways.
- A safe place to stay for the day, the evening and, if you choose, the night that is sheltered from daily demands.
- The option to continue the intensive care. This may mean two consecutive days or another day that can be scheduled later.